30.6.11

20 epic albums while i was in high school...

...and my favorite song from each album.

My personal criteria were as follows:

1. Album should have been released sometime between 1993 and 1997. I generally think that any album that was still very popular during that time counts, even if they were released before 1993. But I stuck to "released" to make it easier to narrow down. Also, the individual songs on the albums could have been released previously as is the case with many soundtracks, greatest hits or other compilations.

2. I had to have been impressed with more than half of the songs on the album.

3. It doesn't have to be "my kind of music" as long as I think it's just a good album.

4. It has to immediately bring me back to high school.

5. Popularity or "number of hits" is the last and least important factor.

6. In picking my favorite song off of the albums, specifically those off of compilations, the song had to instantly remind me of that album.

In no particular order...

2pac - All Eyez on Me



Sublime - Self-titled



Soundgarden - Superunknown

*"Black Hole Sun" is my favorite video



Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang Clan (36 Chambers)



Massive Attack - Blue Lines



Bjork - Post



Nirvana - MTV Unplugged in New York



Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle



White Zombie - Astro Creep: 2000 - Songs of Love, Destruction and other Synthetic Delusions of the Electric Head



Pantera - Far Beyond Driven



Tool - Undertow



Stone Temple Pilots - Purple



A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders



Bush - Sixteen Stone



The Wallflowers - Bringing Down the Horse

*
"Bleeders" is actually my favorite song off of this album, now. But A: "One Headlight" was my favorite song off of this album back then and B: They don't have a decent YouTube of "Bleeders" anyway.



Nine Inch Nails - Downward Spiral



Singles - Soundtrack



Judgment Night - Soundtrack



Trainspotting - Soundtrack



The Crow - Soundtrack





No comments:

Post a Comment