28.12.09

another year, another beer

2009 is about over. Time for another year to screw with my mind and rock my world.

No matter the age or level of wisdom, each moment had is a learning experience. The past year has come with its own lessons, some of them new, some old and some have simply been confirmations of tested and untested theories or addendums to past beliefs.

Over the past year I've learned...

  • Accepting change comes with letting go of formerly held beliefs
  • Love is not enough
  • Indulgences make life easier
  • Even teachers and people with advanced degrees cannot figure out the bloody difference between their/there, it's/its, your/you're, etc.
  • Sometimes it's accidental
  • Addictions are a crutch
  • There's a reason we need a crutch
  • Weakness is not shameful
  • Sometimes I'm not ashamed, even when I really, really should be
  • You don't have to be a sociopath to not feel guilty when you've done something wrong
  • Or maybe I am a sociopath
  • When you are one person all your life, it takes more than a handsome face and loving arms to change you into a different person no matter how badly you both want that change
  • Even if you love 99% of one thing, that missing 1% can be just enough to change your mind
  • On the other hand, sometimes that 1% is trivial
  • Comfort and familiarity aside, there's a reason we fit, a reason we work together even when we don't want to
  • I am finally 100% sure that I am totally done for
  • Convenience is often a major factor
  • Some attachments are actually good
  • Independence is the hardest thing to let go of, nothing else even comes close
  • I am incapable of turning the other cheek
  • Sometimes revenge has a taste other than "sweet"
  • It's not 7, it's 6
  • None of them mattered
  • I love living on Guam
  • I hate living on Guam
  • If you ask a person with no fingernails to scratch an itch, it won't feel good and you will be left unsatisfied
  • I was right from the start, you really are the one
  • Everything is better with you
  • Sanity = my homeys
  • I am not above anything
  • You are the only one who is worth it
  • You are worth anything
  • You are still my home
  • I really am ready

Happy New Year, everyone. Make it count. Do what you do. Live your life. Don't take it too seriously. Let what happens happen and figure out where you fit in all of it. Sometimes taking a step back and observing the way the tides move is the most important part of learning and living. Make mistakes, laugh at yourself, remember where you've been, let it go. Move on. And don't be afraid.

"Je ne les crains pas. C'est pour cela que je suis nee." -Jeanne d'Arc

Look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment